This very brief tutorial will show you how to ‘split’ the keyboard on your iPad so that you can type more comfortably using just your thumbs. [click to continue…]
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to create “keyboard shortcuts” – shortcuts that allow you to type just a few characters instead of an entire word or phrase – on your iPhone or iPad. [click to continue…]
If you’re a little bit embarrassed that you couldn’t figure out how to do this – don’t be. It’s not as intuitive as most things on the iPhone/iPad. Here goes:
- Launch the Camera App on your iPhone/iPad. While you’re holding the iPhone/iPad with one hand, place two fingers from your other hand on the screen, and ‘slide’ them outwards (as illustrated in the screenshot below). Note: works best/is most comfortable when using your thumb and index finger.
- As you move your fingers outwards, the screen (and camera) will start to zoom. At this point, the “zoom slider” will also appear on the screen. You can use it to fine tune/adjust your zooming.
- Yeah, that easy…
Decided that picture probably shouldn’t have gone up on Instagram? Here are the quick steps to delete it – [click to continue…]
Recently Facebook decided that in addition to visual notifications, it would start making a “beeping sound” when you receive a new notification. This brief tutorial will show you how to disable that annoying beep. [click to continue…]
This tutorial will explain how to get your iPhone (or iPad) to “forget” a network that it has previously connected to, so that it stops connecting to it automatically in the future.
- Tap the Settings button on your iPhone/iPad.
- Select the Wi-Fi setting.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned ON. Scroll down to the Network that you want to stop your iPhone/iPad from automatically connecting to, and tap the small ‘blue arrow’ next to it.
- Tap the large Forget this Network button.
- Tap the Forget button to confirm.
- Going forward, your iPhone or iPad will not automatically connect to the network. You’ll need to manually reconnect to it if you wish to use it again.
This very brief tutorial will show you how to disable the ‘clicking’ noise you hear each time you tap a key on your iPhone or iPads touch-screen keypad without having to turn down the volume. [click to continue…]
This short tutorial will take you through the steps to enlarge the font size on your iPhone or iPad (and iPod Touch) to make the text easier to read. [click to continue…]
Here’s a list I’ve compiled of the best ways to speed up and improve the performance of your Mac. Advanced Mac users will likely know most of these tips, but you learn something new every day, right? :) [click to continue…]
This brief tutorial will show you where to locate the list of programs that automatically start up each time your Mac does, and how to remove them from that list. [click to continue…]
This brief tutorial will show you how to stop the content of txt/sms messages from displaying on your iPhone’s “Lock Screen”. [click to continue…]
If you’re at all like me when it comes to looking up names, your first thought is the persons first name. By default, the iPhone (and iPad, and iPod Touch) Contacts App sorts your contacts by last name. Here’s how to switch that so they’re sorted by first name. [click to continue…]
This in depth guide will walk you through all the steps of using OnyX, a free multifunction App for OS X that allows you to troubleshoot common problems and speed up your Mac. [click to continue…]
If you’ve recently noticed that Java Apps/Applets are not working in Safari or Firefox on your Mac – here’s the fix. [click to continue…]