Though it’s not exactly ‘public’ yet, if you do a bit of searching I’m sure you can find a copy of RealPlayer 11 (which is still in beta). Historically I haven’t been a RealPlayer fan, but version 11 may make me change my mind.
Before you start downloading videos, take a moment to set up RealPlayer.
- Start by selecting Tools and then Preferences…
- In the left menu, select Connection and then Internet / Privacy. Remove all the check marks from the Privacy Settings options, except for perhaps Enable HTML Clip Info (for details on these settings, click the Tell Me More button).
- Now select Download & Recording from the left menu. From here click the Browse button to change the ‘save’ location for your downloaded videos. Click OK when you’re done.
- While viewing an online video, you’ll notice a rather unobtrusive Download This Video link on the top of the video player. Click it if you want to save the video to your hard drive.
- And the file will save..
- So that you can watch it while offline!
- Note: this software violates a number of Terms and Conditions for major video sites like YouTube. It will be interesting to see if this feature remains enabled.