This tutorial will guide you through using Easy Microsoft Word Document Properties, a small and free tool that allows you to set the properties of multiple Microsoft Word documents in just a few simple steps. You can set the properties for an entire folder of docs (and sub-folders) or only selected files.
- First up – download Easy Microsoft Word Document Properties. It’s a very small download, and the installation is straight forward. Once it’s installed, launch it from your Programs list.
- Start by clicking the Change DOC File Initial Search Folder button.
- Navigate to the folder with the .doc files you want to set the Properties for, select it, and click OK.
- If you want to include the subdirectories of the folder you selected in the previous step, make sure the box labeled Include Subdirectories in Search is checked. Now click the Refresh Selected Document List button.
- All of the .doc files that were found will be listed in the Selected Word Documents To Update window. It’s also worth noting that although not officially supported, it appears (in my testing) that Easy Microsoft Word Document Properties is also able to update the properties of Microsoft Word 2007 “docx” files.
Enter the information you wish to apply to all of the selected documents, and then click the Set Word Document Properties button.
- The program will run and you can see the status in the ‘progress bar’ at the bottom of the window.
- Once completed, you’ll get a small Done! pop-up. Click OK.
- To confirm it worked, take a look at the properties of the files you just modified.
- You may not want to modify all of the files in a given directory with the same information. To modify specific files, use the Source Document File Filter box. The wildcards * and ? are especially useful.
- After running Easy Microsoft Word Document Properties with a filter in place, only the specific documents with the strings you specified will be displayed.