Here’s another reader requested tutorial – how to take screenshots using your iPhone or iPod Touch (with the 2.0 firmware, non-jailbroken) and how to access them.
Update: this is also the same process for taking screenshots of your iPad.
- With the 2.0 firmware, Apple has actually made it quite easy to take screenshots with your iPhone or iPod Touch. Just hold down the bottom button, and click the top one. Note: be sure to see the tip in step #5
- You’ll see the screen “flash” quickly – that means it has taken the screenshot.
- Click the Photos icon on your iPhone or iPod Touch and your Photo Albums will be listed.
- Select the Saved Photos album. All of your iPhone/iPod Touch screenshots are stored here.
- TIP: as soon as you ‘hold down’ the bottom button, you’ll return to your springboard (the ‘home’ screen). If you want to take a screenshot of an open program (or anything other than the springboard) you have to click quickly. Try clicking both buttons at the same time. I’ve found that to be the easiest way to get screenshots without returning to the springboard – like the ones in my brief review of Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D.