This brief tutorial will show you how to change the Created, Modified and Accessed timestamps for any file in Windows.
- Start out by downloading and installing SKTimeStamp. The installation is very straight forward – you’ll click ‘Next’ a few times and be done.
- Now select a file, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu
- On the General tab you can view the Created:, Modified: and Accessed: timestamps (date and time for each attribute). Once you’ve installed SKTimeStamp, a third tab will appear on the Properties window – TimeStamps. Select this tab.
- Using the drop-down arrow next to each item (Created:, Last modified: and Last accessed:) you can alter the date for each of attribute. You can also alter the specific time by using the up and down arrows of the ‘time’ section for each item.
- Once you’ve made all the changes you want to the file, click the Apply button.
- Click OK and once again right-click the file and select Properties. You’ll notice that the time stamps have changed.
- If you ever want to quickly update the Modified time stamp of a file to the current day and time, right-click that file, select Properties, select the TimeStamps tab, and then click the Touch button. That will instantly change the Last modified entry to the current day and time.