This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to backup your Windows Live Contacts (the Contact Manager that comes with Windows Live Mail).
- Start out by opening Windows Live Contacts. Select All contacts from the Contacts pane on the far left of the window.
- Click the Menu’s button and then select Export -> Comma Separated Values (.CSV)
- Click the Browse … button on the CSV Export screen.
- Navigate to the location you want to save your Contacts backup file and then enter a name in the File name: field. A descriptive name is always a good idea so you can easily find and identify the file later. Click the Save button when you’re done.
- Back at the CSV Export screen, click the Next button.
- Place a check in the box next to each field that you want to make sure is backed up. Click the Finish button when you’re done.
- Your contacts will now be backed up (exported) to the file you specified back in step #4.
- Now you’ll be able to restore your contacts should the need ever arise.