This brief tutorial will show you how to add and/or delete apps (which are actually just shortcuts to the application) to your Android home screen.
- Start out by pulling up the list of all your apps. Tap and hold down the app that you want to move to your home screen.
- The app will instantly move to your home screen.
- With your finger still held down, drag the app to the location on your home screen you’d like it to reside.
- Repeat the above steps to add more apps.
- If you decide you want to remove an app from your home screen, tap that shortcut and hold your finger down. You’ll notice that the ‘slider’ that normally brings up your full list of installed programs turns into a “trash can”.
- Drag the app into the trash can and both will turn red. Let go of your finger and the app will be deleted. Note: this process does not actually uninstall or delete the program – it just removes the shortcut to it from your home screen.