This brief tutorial will show you how to increase (or decrease) the font size of the documents you create/edit in Pages for the iPad.
For something as “simple” as increasing or decreasing the font size in a document, Apple kind of missed the boat on this one. It took me 10 minutes of exploring to finally find out how to increase the font size of a document I was creating in Pages for the iPad. Here’s how to do it –
- Start out by tapping on the text you want to increase the font size of and hold down your finger for a few moments.
- Release your finger and a context “bubble” will appear. Choose Select All if you want to increase the font size of all of the text, or Select to increase the font of just one word (the one that the cursor is ‘touching’).
- You’ll be able to confirm the correct word(s) were selected by making sure they’re “highlighted in blue” (as seen in the screenshot below).
- Now tap the i button from the very top menu in Pages (see #1 in the screenshot below). Make sure that the Style tab is selected (see #2 in the screenshot below). Though it initially appears as though Body is the last Style in the list (see #3 in the screenshot below) – that’s not actually true.
- Scroll through the Style menu and at the very bottom you’ll see an entry titled Text Options. Select it.
- Finally, you can use the up or down arrows to increase the font size of the text in your Pages for iPad document.
- As shown in the screenshot below – you can increase the text to be rather large.
- That’s it – you’re done!