This tutorial will guide you through the steps to allow you to access (add, delete, rename, share etc.) and attach Google Docs documents right from within Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Download and install the Harmon.ie for Google Docs plugin.
- Once installed, launch Microsoft Outlook 2010 and the Harmonie “sidebar” will appear on the right side of your Outlook 2010 window. Sign in to your Google Docs account by entering your username and password.
- Once you’ve signed in, a list of all your Google Docs will appear. If you have none, you can create a new Google Docs documents by clicking the New button and selecting the type of document you wish to create.
- All of your Google Docs documents can be right-clicked on to then open in your browser. From there they can be edited, renamed and worked upon using the standard Google Docs features and interface.
- The Harmon.ie for Google Docs sidebar makes sharing documents with others extremely easy as well. Just drag a Google Doc from the sidebar and it will create a link in your email message (or meeting request). You can even decide which of the recipients has read or read and write access. Recipients don’t even need to have Harmon.ie installed.