One of the great features of Firefox is that it remembers your recently closed tabs. So if you accidentally close a tab, you can restore it easily. However, by default Firefox only saves a few recently closed tabs that can be restored again. Fortunately, it’s easy to increase the number of tabs that Firefox “remembers”. Here’s how to do it –
- Launch Firefox and in the address bar type about:config and hit the Enter key.
- A confirmation dialog will come up. Click on I’ll be careful, I promise! to proceed.
- A new window about:config will open. In the Filter: box, input the following value:
and press Enter.
- A Preference Name “browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo ” will be displayed. Double click the number 10 in the Value field.
- In the Enter integer value window, change the number 10 to 20 (or however many you want Firefox to ‘save’). Click OK to save the new value.
- The change will take effect immediately and you don’t even have to restart Firefox!