This guide will take you step by step through the process of transferring videos taken with your Flip Video camera to Facebook, using OS X.
- Start out by plugging in your Flip Video camera to a USB port on your Mac. FlipShare should launch automatically. If you don’t have FlipShare installed, give this tutorial a whirl and then head back here.
Select the video you want to share on Facebook by clicking on it once. Then click the Online button from the Share panel.
- Select facebook and then click the Next button.
- Now you’ll need to sign in and authenticate with Facebook. Click the Login button.
- Enter your Facebook credentials and click the Login button.
- Click the Allow button.
- Take one last look at the Items to Share list to make sure the right video is going to be uploaded, and then click the Share button.
- The bottom left corner of the main FlipShare interface will now display the upload status.
- Once the upload has completed, the status will change to Items successfully posted to Facebook. Click on the Facebook link (see screenshot below).
- It’s likely that Facebook will need a little bit of time to process the video. Look for a link titled Videos Currently Processing and click it.
- Click on the Edit Video link.
- From here you can fill out all of the info you want included with your video. Give the video a title, a description, tag anyone in the video (if applicable) and set the Privacy: level accordingly. When you’re done, click the Save button.
- After Facebook has finished processing your video, it will be listed along with all of your others. That’s it – you’re done!