By default, FlipShare saves the videos you make with your Flip Camera in a certain place in Windows and OS X. This tutorial will show you how to change that location to one that you may prefer – like an external USB drive or even another folder on your existing hard drive.
Windows Instructions for Changing the Default Save Location for Flip Videos
- Launch FlipShare and select the Edit menu, and then Preferences… from the drop-down list.
- Select the Library tab. The default location your Flip Video files are saved in is in a sub-folder titled FlipShare Data of your My Videos or Videos folder. To change this location, click the Change Location… button.
- Navigate to the drive (or folder) that you want to now save your Flip Videos in. Select it, and click the OK button.
- All of the videos you’ve already saved to the previous default location will now be moved to the new one. Going forward, when you save a file via FlipShare, it will be saved to this new location.
- Click OK to restart FlipShare for the changes to complete.
OS X Instructions for Changing the Default Save Location for Flip Videos
- Launch FlipShare and select FlipShare from the menu bar, and then Preferences… from the drop-down list.
- Select the Library tab. The default location that FlipShare saves your video files to is /Users/you/Movies/FlipShare Data/. To change this location, click the Change Location… button.
- Select the new drive or folder that you want FlipShare to save your videos in from now on. Click the Choose button.
- FlipShare will now transfer any existing video files you’ve saved from the previous (default) location, to the new one you’ve specified.
- Click OK once the transfers have completed. If FlipShare doesn’t restart itself, do so manually now. That will finalize the preference change.