Launcher Pro, the very popular launcher replacement App for Android devices, has a very easy to use backup feature. This brief tutorial will show you how to use it, so you can experiment with Launcher Pro as much as you want, and always be able to revert back to the settings you prefer.
Note: be sure to at least glance at the last step of this tutorial for important information about how Launcher Pro saves its backup files.
- Select the ‘menu’ button on your Android device to bring up the “Home Screen” settings, and select Preferences from that menu.
- Scroll down to the Backup homescreens & settings section, and tap it.
- Tap Yes on the Warning window. And note that the backup will not save Widgets you have on your Android desktops – so you’ll need to restore them individually.
- Don’t be surprised if the Yes button stays red in color for a while, and the phone seems to have ‘frozen’ – it hasn’t. The backup just takes a few moments.
- Then you’ll be prompted with a ‘success’ message, and Launcher Pro will tell you exactly where the backup has been stored – which is on your SD Card in a folder titled launcherpro_backup.
- If you ever need to restore a backup, return to the same Preferences window, and this time select Restore backup.
- Tap Yes to restore to your backup.
- It’s also very much worth noting – the backup feature of Launcher Pro will only save one backup – the most recent one made. So if you want to create a new backup – but not overwrite the current one, be sure to copy or move the existing backup first. If you need help accessing your Android’s SD Card to copy these files, see this tutorial.