Want to easily add emoticons and other icons to emails, notes, and more with you iPad? Today we take a look at a free app that integrates with the iPad keyboard, allowing you to easily add emoticons to what you type.
1. Install Emoji Free from iTunes App Store directly from your device.
2. After it’s downloaded tap the Emoji Free icon.
3. You’ll get a welcome screen telling you what Emoji Free is…tap Ok, let’s do this.
4. Then you’ll get instructions on how to complete the setup process for the keyboard.
5. Double click the Home button to bring up the multitasking bar. Tap and hold the Emoji Free icon until the icons start to wiggle, then tap the red button to close out of the app.
6. Now tap on the Settings button.
7. In Settings tap General…then Keyboard.
8. In the Keyboard section tap on International Keyboards.
9. Then Add New Keyboard.
10. Under Add New Keyboard scroll down and tap on Emoji.
11. Then you’ll see Emoji listed as an available keyboard.
12. Here’s an example of sending an email…notice the new International key…tap on it to bring up the Emoji keyboard.
13. It includes a lot of different emoticons and other icons to select from.
14. Just tap on the ones you want to add to your email message.
15. Here’s an example of using it in the PlainText app.
16. Here’s an example of using Emoji on the Official Twitter app for iPad.
17. While the emoticons will appear on the Timeline on the iPad, they show as gibberish if you go to the Twitter site on a computer.
18. So, the one caveat is they’re only supported by Apple devices so keep that in mind when using them.
19. Emoji Free is available on the iPhone and iPod touch as well.
If you want to have some fun with your emails and word processing on your iOS device, Emoji is a worthy free app. Have Fun!