Facebook recently rolled out a series of new features – one of which many people find rather annoying – the “news ticker”. This brief tutorial will show you how to hide the news ticker from your Facebook news stream.
This guide will cover how to remove/hide the News Ticker from Facebook if you’re using either Firefox or Chrome as your Web Browser. If you use a different web browser, the process is similar – just not outlined in this guide.
- Start out by visiting the Userstyles page for Facebook – Ticker Remover.
- If you’re using Firefox, jump down to step #5 below.
- If you’re using Google Chrome as your web browser, simply click the install as user script link.
- Now jump down to step #11 below – you’re pretty much done!
- Firefox users – click on the link titled install just stylish, if you don’t already have the Stylish addon for Firefox already installed.
- When prompted by Firefox, click the Allow button to install the Stylish Addon.
- Click the Install Now button to continue the installation.
- Finally, click the Restart Firefox button to restart Firefox and complete the installation.
- Now that you have Stylish installed, return to the Facebook – Ticker Remover page. Click the Install with Stylish button.
- Click the Install button.
- You’re done! Return to Facebook (you may need to refresh the page). The News Ticker will now be gone!