Using a great piece of free software called Address Book Importer 2, you can easily import your Gmail Contacts to the OS X Address Book. Follow the instructions in this tutorial and you’ll be done in no time..
First, make sure to download and install Address Book Importer 2 (scroll to the bottom for the download link). Address Book Importer 2 is free for single use – if you use it more than once, the author asks that you pay $10.
- Sign in to Gmail, navigate to your Contacts list, and select the Export link
- Select Outlook CSV and then click Export Contacts. Save the file to your desktop.
- Launch Address Book Importer and click the Choose Import File… button
- Open the .csv file that you saved from Gmail. Now you need to select the ‘values’ from your Gmail Contacts list that you want to import. Click the value in the left column you wish to import (start with Name) and then select the appropriate location in the right column (if you started with Name, select First in the right column). Repeat this step until you’ve selected all of the values you wish to import. Keep in mind, if you never used the Other Fax (for example) value in Gmail, you don’t need to import it.
- After a successful import, you’ll be presented with a confirmation window.
- Your Address Book will now contain all of your Gmail contacts! (note: you will also likely have one entry called Name – just delete it)
When you’re done, click the Import button.