This brief tutorial will guide you through adding your Alarm info directly on to your Windows Mobile home screen.
- Download and install the Alarm Info Plugin. You’ll need to transfer the appropriate .cab file (AlarmInfo_WM5.ARM.CAB for Windows Mobile 5 or AlarmInfo_2003.ARM.CAB for Windows Mobile 2003) to your device and run it from there. Make sure to install the plugin to your device’s main memory – not a storage card (assuming you have one). Note: if you get an error during the installation for Windows Mobile 5 saying that it was designed for a different version of the OS, ignore it. The plugin will probably work anyway.
- Once installed, click Start -> Settings -> Home Screen.
- Change the Home screen layout: to AlarmInfo Sample and click Done.
- And now you’ll have your Alarm info on your home screen.
- Clicking the Alarm entry/line will bring up the Alarm settings.
- To add the Alarm entry to an existing Home screen profile (rather than use the “AlarmInfo Sample” layout) – see the Install_WM5.txt file included with the Alarm Info Plugin.