Contest details – to enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. Here’s what your comment must include in order to be eligible to win:
- A tutorial suggestion – is there a PC/software topic/problem that you struggled to figure out? Or wished you had a detailed tutorial to help you learn? Suggest it to me (and ideally check to make sure it’s something I haven’t already written). Linux, Windows, OS X – just something computer/software related (in keeping with the theme of the site…)
- Which of the two prizes you want to receive – the first prize is $25.00 cash. I’ll send it to you via PayPal or as an Amazon Gift Certificate or even a personal cheque if that’s what it takes. The second prize is a $25.00 donation to one of the following non-profit organizations:
- Vancouver Rape Relief and Womans Shelter
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Children’s Network International
I will of course make the donation in your name and/or send the confirmation email to you.
- Please use a valid email address in the E-mail field of the comment form below. If I can’t email you, I can’t tell you you won. Note: I hope it goes without saying, I would never, ever do anything w/ your email address other than send you a note telling you you’ve won the contest. I don’t collect them, sell them etc
That’s it. Oh – and yes – you can enter twice, once for each prize. Just leave one comment saying “I’d like to enter the first contest, and here’s my suggestion for a tutorial…” and then another comment saying “I’d like to enter the second contest, and here’s my suggestion for a tutorial…”. If you enter twice, you have to suggest two different tutorials.
The contest will run from now until midnight on Friday, Nov 16th, 2007. At that point I’ll get my room-mates to pick numbers to select the winners at random. Saturday morning I’ll notify the contest winners and post the details re: the winners here on Simple Help.
Here’s an example of a valid entry:
Hi – I’d like to enter the cash prize contest, and my suggestion for a tutorial is “How to join two divx files together into one”. Thanks!
Hi – I’d like to enter the donation prize contest, the non-profit I would like to have $25.00 donated to in my name is XXXXXX, and my idea for a tutorial is “How to copy a DVD in OS X”. Thanks!