I’m a big fan of NeoOffice. I actually prefer Open Office.org to Microsoft Office. So I’m always pleased when new patches and releases are issued, as they almost always include bug fixes. Patch 1 for 2.2.2 is no different.
As an aside, the folks over @ NeoOffice are also providing a list of known issues and incompatibilities in Leopard (OS X 10.5). Though none of the problems are specific to NeoOffice, they’re just providing the list as a service to their users. Pretty cool of them.
The updates/fixes for 2.2.2 Patch 1 include:
- Fixed problems displaying MathType objects created on the Mac or Windows
- Fixed a problem where the spellchecker would not fall back to OpenOffice.org dictionaries
- Fixed an error saving a new file to iDisk
- Fixed several crashes or hangs when opening or saving documents
- Fixed several problems specific to Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard”
- Fixes for many PDF and printing-related bugs
- Fixed a number of other bugs reported against NeoOffice 2.2.2 with Patch-0