Update – May 1st 2008: The original method I outlined in this tutorial no longer works. But don’t worry, I’ve figured out a new one! What I’m getting at is that this tutorial has been completely re-written.
This tutorial will guide you through installing the iPhone apps Apple MobileMail, Apple Google Maps, Stocks, Weather and/or Notes on your iPod Touch. Note: this tutorial assumes you have a jailbroken iPod Touch using the 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 firmware, and are *cough* legally allowed to install these applications on your iPod Touch.
- First you’ll need to add a new source to your Installer.app repository. If you’re unsure how to do that, see the tutorial titled How to add additional sources to Installer on your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Use the on-screen keypad and enter the source http://labs.ispazio.net Tap OK when you’re done.
- Your sources list will now refresh.
- Scroll through the list of software sources to confirm iSpazio Laboratory was successfully added. When you’re done, click Done in the upper-right corner.
- Now tap Install from the bottom button-bar. In the Categories list, scroll down to Tweaks 1.1.4 (don’t worry if you have the 1.1.3 firmware installed). Select it.
- Select 1.1.3/4 iPod Full Features.
- Click the Install button in the upper right corner. When prompted, click the large Install button, or Add to Queue if you want to install more software at the same time.
- During the installation you’ll get a little pop-up notice. Read it over, and then click OK.
- When the installation is done, go back to your Springboard. It will probably require you to ‘unlock’ again, and the Springboard will re-appear with an Edit Home Screen message. Give it a read (it has some good/new info) and click Dismiss.
- Start using Stocks, Maps, Mail, Weather and Notes!