Using the great (and free!) utility EasySpeak, you can copy a web page (or any text) and save it as an .aif audio file. For step-by-step instructions on using EasySpeak, and a full review of its features, keep reading.
- Download EasySpeak and unzip it. Drag the application (EasySpeak.app) to your Applications folder to install it.
- Launch EasySpeak
- Paste the text you want to turn into voice recording in the main window. Alternately, you can click the Import current Safari page and EasySpeak will automatically fill the window with the text from the page you’re currently viewing in Safari.
- Now select a voice from the Voice: drop down list. Use the Speed: slider to increase or decrease the rate at which the voice talks. Click the Speak It button to make sure you’re happy with your settings.
- When you’re ready to save the file, click Save as… and pick a location and name for the file.
- Now you can import that file into iTunes, convert it to an mp3 or upload it to your iPod/MP3 player. That’s it!