If your mobile provider bills at an outrageous rate for data usage while you’re roaming (mine, Rogers, certainly does) this tutorial will show you how to automatically disable the data service on your BlackBerry while roaming.
- Select Options from your Applications list.
- From the Options list, select Mobile Network.
- Select the On option (or Off, depending on your current configuration) from the Data Services menu, and change it to Off When Roaming.
- With Off When Roaming set, exit out of the Mobile Network settings.
- Make sure to Save the setting change.
- That’s it. Now when you’re roaming, your data usage/plan will automatically be disabled (use Wi-Fi if your phone supports it and you’re within range of a Wi-Fi Hotspot).