This brief tutorial will show you how to download music embedded in Facebook profiles and save them as MP3s.
- First and most importantly, you’ll need to use the web browser Firefox. Then download and install the Firefox Addon DownloadHelper. As with all Firefox Addons, you’ll need to restart Firefox for the DownloadHelper installation to complete. Once the installation is complete, and Firefox has restarted, you should notice a new DownloadHelper icon in your Navigation Toolbar (note: the icon may be slightly different looking depending on your version of Firefox)
- Now visit the Facebook page with the song you’d like to download as an MP3. Click the Play button.
- After the song has streamed for a a few seconds, you’ll notice the DownloadHelper icon has gone from “grey” to colored, and a small arrow will appear next to it.
- Click on the small arrow next to the DownloadHelper icon, and (usually) you’ll see a long and random file name. Click that file / link.
- In the Save As dialog box, rename the file to something more recognizable. Then save the file.
- That’s it! Just repeat the above steps for each song you want to download.