Thanks to the folks at Budget Gadgets I’m able to give you my thoughts on the T11S Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset with In-Ear Earbuds (with charger).
NOTE: this is not a paid review. Simple Help doesn’t do paid reviews. Ever. I was, however, allowed to keep the headset after writing this review. With that said, it in no way will influence my review of the product – I’m telling it like it is. Budget Gadgets has provided me with a coupon code for you to use: RM5OFF10. If you use that code at checkout you’ll get a 5% discount on your entire order.
After the order was placed, it took about 8 business days to arrive. This is a bit longer than some other online shops – but I live on an island in Canada, and the headset was delivered from Hong Kong. The folks at Budget Gadgets offer free shipping, and the cost of the headset ($34.28) more than made up for the wait (again, I didn’t pay for it, but had I, waiting 8 days wouldn’t have upset me at that price).
The entire package consisted of a charger, the bluetooth headset adapter, and a pair of headphones.
- Worked exactly as advertised
- Though the included headphones aren’t fantastic (see “The Bad” below) – you can plug in any standard 1/8th inch headphones (I prefer Sony earbuds) – which is a major plus for me
- I used them talking on my BlackBerry for about an hour, and then had 2 days of standby time left before they needed a charge.
- The clip included on the headphones is removable, and fits perfectly on my Sony headphones. Perhaps minor, but a nice little touch.
- Because you can use any 1/8th inch headphones w/ the Bluetooth adapter, you can use this headset as wireless headphones for your Mac or PC. I was easily able to pair it to my Mac, and instantly had wireless headphones – using my own preferred headphones. This would be particularly useful if you had a media center in your living room and didn’t want to wake everyone up watching movies/TV late at night.
- As noted above, the headphones that it comes with aren’t the best. They’re similar to the headphones that come with iPods (but not white). Perfectly acceptable for perhaps most people – I just didn’t like them.
- The mic did have some static. Not the point where I wouldn’t use them, but on a windy day they might be annoying for the person you’re talking to.
- The charger – and this might just be my unit – requires that you plug it into the adapter just right – or it won’t charge. You have to slowly plug the charger into the adapter and then stop when the charge light comes on. This is a minor complaint, but like I said, I’m telling it like it is.
I would recommend the T11S Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset with In-Ear Earbuds. Between the price, free shipping and overall quality of the product it’s a worthwhile purchase.