This brief tutorial will show you how to quickly restore all the favicons (the small images next to the bookmark name that can help you quickly identify the site) in your IE Favorites.
- When viewing your IE Favorites, there should be an icon next to each entry.
- However, because of the way IE stores these icons, they can disappear over time (as your cache clears).
- Rather than re-visit every site to restore the icon (which can take an incredibly long time) – download and run FavIconizer. FavIconizer doesn’t need to be installed – just download the .exe and run it. If you have a lot of Favorites missing their icons, click the Rescan all links button. If you have relatively few Favorites missing icons, click the Find missing FavIcons button.
- FavIconizer will scan all of the links in your Favorites, and re-download any missing icons.
- Once again, all of your Favorites will have their icons back.
- That’s it!