This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to connect your Skype account with your Facebook account, allowing you to easily contact and interact with your Facebook friends via Skype.
- Make sure you have Skype 5.0 installed. If you are using an older version of Skype, simply go to Help -> Check for Updates and it will automatically update Skype to the latest version.
- Run Skype and click on the View menu in the menu bar and from the drop down list select Facebook Updates.
- A new window will open where you can configure your Facebook account in Skype. Click on See News Feed in Skype.
- Sign In with your Facebook credentials.
- Facebook will now login and you’ll be asked whether Skype’s Facebook app should be allowed to access your personal info. Click Allow and continue.
- Your Facebook News Feed will take some time to load depending on your Internet connection.
- If any of your friends have a Skype ID, you can call or send an SMS message to them by clicking either the Call or SMS button. You will be charged standard Skype rates for this, if any apply.
- In order to update the news feed page, you can click on the Refresh link and the news feed will be updated.