If you already use iTunes or are installing it for the first time because you got an iPod as a gift, it’s a good idea to change your password periodically. Here we take a look at how to get it done.
A lot of times the only thing standing between your private data and a hacker is a password, and since a lot of you will be getting iOS devices during the holiday season, it’s a good opportunity to show how to change your password in iTunes.
1. If you’re new to iTunes, it’s not exactly apparent how to change your password. First launch iTunes and click on the iTunes Store link in the left panel.
2. Now on the left side of the screen under the Quick Links section click on Account.
3. Sign into your account using your Apple ID and click the Account Info button.
4. On the Apple Account Information page click the Edit button next to your Apple ID.
5. Now enter in your new password twice to verify it.
6. Then click Done at the bottom of the page. Notice from here you can change your subscriptions to iTunes newsletters and special offers as well.
7. You’ll need to verify your payment information before completing the process. After you do that…click Done and Done again to go back to the iTunes Store.
8. That’s all there is to it! The next time you make a purchase or log into the iTunes Store, you can start using your new password.
If you’re iTunes password is ever compromised for any reason, or you want to change it periodically to stay secure, this is how to get it done.