Tired of having to close down iPhoto every time you plug in your Flip Video Camera? These steps will show you how to stop iPhoto from opening in the first place.
- Plug in your Flip Video Camera. Wait for iPhoto to launch, and then exit (Quit) out of it.
- Open your Applications folder, and launch Image Capture.
- Select your Flip Video Camera from the DEVICES list in the left column. Then select the pull-down menu directly below Connecting this camera opens:
- From that menu, select Other…
- Navigate to your Applications folder, and select FlipShare.
- Double-check to make sure FlipShare is now listed in the Connecting this camera opens: menu, and then close the Image Capture application.
- That’s it. The next time you plug in your Flip Video Camera, only FlipShare will open – iPhoto will remain closed!