We recently showed you how to setup and use Windows 9 Beta, but what if you’re not a fan and want to uninstall it? Here we take a look at the process of uninstalling IE 9 Beta, and reverting back to Internet Explorer 8.
1. First click on the Start Menu and click on Control Panel.
2. Make sure View by Large icons is selected and click on Programs and features.
3. In the next window click on View installed updates in the left pane.
4. Now scroll down under Microsoft Windows, right-click on Windows Internet Explorer 9, and click Uninstall.
5. You’ll get a dialog box asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall the update…click Yes.
6. A dialog box will be displayed showing the progress of the uninstall.
7. Then a restart is required to complete the uninstall process.
8. When you come back from the restart, you’ll see that Internet Explorer has reverted back to IE 8. You’ll need to go through the initial setup wizard again to complete the configuration process.
9. Finish the setup wizard and you can start using Internet Explorer 8 like you were before.
That’s it! If you aren’t happy with IE 9, or if it’s causing system instability (it’s in Beta after all)…this is how to uninstall it and revert back to IE 8 automatically.