Internet Explorer 9 Beta is the new version of the browser available from Microsoft. To get a better browsing experience with it, you might want to make it always start in Full-Screen Mode, and here’s how to do it.
1. If you haven’t done so already, you’ll want to download and install Internet Explorer 9 Beta. For more about getting started, check out Our Beginner Guide to Set Up & Use IE 9.
2. To manually toggle between Normal and Full-Screen Mode, simply hit the “F11” key. This allows you to use all of your monitor’s real estate making browsing your favorite websites a more fluid experience…especially if you have a large monitor.
3. To make it always launch in Full Screen Mode you’ll need to tweak the Registry. Make sure you’re closed out of IE 9, then click on Start and type regedit into the search box and hit Enter.
4. When the Registry Editor opens navigate to the following:
Then in the right panel scroll down to FullScreen and double-click on it.
5. The Edit String window will come up and in the Value data field it will be set to no.
6. Change the Value data field to Yes, then click OK.
7. Now you can simply close out of Registry Editor.
8. When you go back and launch Internet Explorer 9 Beta, it will start in Full-Screen Mode.
9. To keep this setting you’ll need to hover the mouse in the upper right corner of IE 9 and Minimize or Close out of it. If you use “F11” on the keyboard or click the Restore button, it will revert the value data you set in the Registry back to “No”. Then you’ll need to reset the Registry setting again or continue to toggle between Normal and Full-Screen mode by hitting the “F11” key.
If you’re a fan of IE 9 and always want it to launch in Full-Screen Mode, this quick tip will do it for you.
Also be sure to check out our other IE 9 Beta tips:
- How to Make IE 9 Always Run InPrivate Browsing Mode
- How To Uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta and Revert to IE 8