This guide will show you how to remove the background from any photo – almost instantly and without any hassles.
Using a cool service named Trace you can upload a photo, have the background automatically removed, and then download the new photo with a transparent background. In addition to doing a fantastic job of removing the background, Trace is free. There’s no “pro” version where you have to pay for specific features – it’s completely free and you can use it to remove the background from an unlimited number of images. Here’s how –
- Head over to the Trace website and sign up for an account. Again, it’s free, there are no ‘catches’ – you just have to create an account to use the service. Once you’ve created an account, click the Upload a photo button.
- Select your photo and click Open to upload it.
- Wait a moment while the file uploads…
- … and Trace will auto-magically remove the background. Once it’s done, click the Download button to save a copy of the edited photo.
- You can also use Trace to add a new background – click the Colors link just below the image and you’ll be presented with the option to add a solid color as the background to your photo.
- If you click the Images link below your photo you can add a photo-background to your image. Select one of the thumbnails to preview your image with a different background.
- At any point you can click the Download button to save your newly edited image.
- Repeat as needed! :)
- If you need to add a watermark to your photo, you can use something like the GIMP, a free and open source image editor.
ps. the gentleman in the photo I’ve used as an example in this guide is funk drummer extraordinaire Terence Higgins
1 thought on “How to Easily Remove the Background From a Photo”
If I had known this site existed earlier before now, it will have been good.
I love it