This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to install and set up the iPhone (and iPod Touch) Web UI for uTorrent. This version of the uTorrent Web UI was created specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch and allows you to access your uTorrent client remotely to pause or add new torrents.
- First you’ll need to install the uTorrent Web UI
- Next, download this zip file from http://www.davidraso.com/utorrent-iphone. Extract the contents of the zip file to the same folder that you installed uTorrents Web UI to (%AppData%\uTorrent).
- Now you need to add the iphone folder (that’s what was in the zip file you just downloaded) to the webui.zip file itself. You should be able to do this by clicking the iphone folder, holding down the mouse button, dragging it to the webui.zip file and then letting go.
- Open the webui.zip file to confirm that the iphone folder is now there.
- On your iPhone or iPod Touch, enter the url: http://your-utorrent-ip-address:utorrent webui port/gui/iphone/i.html (eg. http://188.8.131.52:44940/gui/iphone/i.html) into Safari.
- Enter your uTorrent Web UI user name and password when prompted, and you’ll be presented with the uTorrent iPhone Web UI. From here you can pause torrents (use the green/yellow play/pause button) or start new downloads by clicking the + (plus sign) in the uTorrent menu bar.