Previously I did a tutorial on how to customize the “Save As” shortcut folders in XP. But that tutorial doesn’t apply to the Microsoft Office Save As window. This brief overview will show you how to add custom folders to the MS Office 2007 “Save As” dialog box. By adding custom folders you can save valuable time by jumping to folders with fewer clicks.
- To get started, open a file in MS Word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007 etc. The custom folder(s) you add will apply to all of the Office programs. Click the Office “Orb” and select Save As from the menu.
- From the very top Save in: drop-down menu, navigate to the folder you want to add to the list of locations in the left pane.
- Right-click in an empty spot in the left pane, and from the pop-up menu select Add ‘Folder Name‘
- And now that folder will appear in the left pane of the Save As dialog box for all of the Office applications. You can also move the folder up or down in the list by right-clicking it and selecting Move Up or Move Down.
- If you ever want to remove a folder you’ve added to the list, right-click it and select Remove.