One of the most requested features (and biggest complaints) about the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch was the ability to run more than one program (App) at a time. With the latest release of iOS, now you can. This brief tutorial will show you how to do just that.
In a nutshell, multitasking (as it relates to computers) is the ability to run more than one program at the same time. These instructions will show you how to switch between open programs (without closing them) on the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Start out by “double-clicking” the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Home button (the large circular “button” at the bottom of your iDevice – see the image below).
- Your Home screen will ‘dim’ and a list of your currently running / open Apps will be displayed in a bar across the bottom of the screen. Tap the App you want to switch to, and it will be displayed.
- If you’re running too many programs to be displayed on the bottom bar at once, just ‘swipe’ your finger across that bar…
- … and the rest of your currently running programs will be displayed.
- That’s it! Now you can easily switch between open programs on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch – any time.