This tutorial will show you how to easily translate entire documents in just a few simple steps using Google Docs.
It’s important to mention up front that a document that has been translated by a machine is almost certainly going to contain mistakes. With that said, Google Docs uses Google Translate for it’s translations, and that’s considered to be among the best of the translations engines.
- Visit Google Docs and sign in with your Google account. Upload the document (or documents) that you want to translate the same way you would any other(s).
- If your document is in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) you’ll need to convert it to a Google Docs file first. Don’t worry, it’s easy and you can save the document in Microsoft Word format after it’s translated if you wish. Just select File and then Save as Google Docs. This will open the document as a Google Docs file in a new tab.
- Now select Tools and then Translate document
- Choose the language that you’d like to translate the document into from the list of options and then click the Translate button.
- Ta-da! After a moment or two the translated version of the document will open up in a new tab.
- Save the file in whichever format you wish. That’s it – you’re done!