This brief tutorial will guide you through installing a tftp client in Windows Vista.
There’s a tftp program included with Vista, it’s just not installed by default. To install it, follow these steps.
- Open the Control Panel and select the Programs entry.
- From the Programs and Features section, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down the list and place a check in the box next to TFTP Client. Click OK.
- Give Windows a moment or three to install the tftp client. When it’s done, exit out of the Control Panel.
- And now you can use tftp in Vista!