This brief but detailed tutorial will guide you through installing a tftp client in Windows, without having to download anything new.
Microsoft actually includes a tftp program with all versions of Windows (up to and including Windows 10), it’s just not installed by default. To install it, follow these steps.
- Start by clicking the Search button and enter in the phrase turn windows features on or off – although you’ll probably only have to type the first few words before the result we’re looking for appears in the search results. Select it when it does.
- Scroll down to the TFTP Client entry and place a check-mark in the box next to it. Click the OK button to start the installation.
- It may take Windows a few moments to find everything it needs, give it time.
- Once the installation has completed, click the Close button.
- Open up a command prompt and enter the command tftp without any options or flags just to confirm the installation was successful.
- That’s it!
If needed, we also have a guide on how to install an FTP or SFTP app in Windows.
3 thoughts on “How to Install a tftp client in Windows”
thank you…nice job!!
thanks! great help!
very good And Thank you so much