This brief tutorial will show you how to quickly turn wifi on or off on your Android phone/device.
If you’ve ever enabled wifi on your Android based phone, you know that you have to navigate through a bunch of screens just to get to the location to turn it on. Using Toggle WiFi, enabling and disabling wifi can be done with just one tap.
- Start out by selecting the Android Market
- Select Search.
- Enter in the phrase toggle wifi and tap the search button.
- Select the Wifi Toggle Widget by Rounded Labs. It should be the first search result, but if it’s not, scroll down to find that specific widget.
- Tap the Install button.
- After reviewing the access permissions, tap the OK button.
- Once it’s installed, add it to your home screen. If you need help, see this tutorial on adding widgets to your Android home screen.
- Assuming you have wifi currently disabled on your Android phone, the icon will appear as it does in the screenshot below.
- Tap the Toggle Wifi Widget to turn wifi on. The icon changes to reflect its status, and you’ll see the wifi indicator in the top menu bar.
- When you want to turn wifi off, just tap the widget again. That’s it!