This brief tutorial will show you how to add and/or remove Widgets to/from your Android home screen.
- On your Android home screen, tap any blank or “empty” area and hold down your finger.
- The screen will change slightly and a few new items will appear – tap the Widgets button.
- You’ll be presented with a list of all the installed Widgets on your Android device. Select the one you want to add to your home screen by tapping it and keeping your finger held down. In this example, I’ll be adding a Digital Clock widget.
- Now the widget will appear on your home screen. Release your finger from the screen on the location where you’d like the widget to reside. If it wasn’t placed exactly where you want it, tap and hold your finger down on the widget itself. “Drag and drop” it to the location where you want it.
- Should you decide you want to remove the widget from your home screen, tap it and hold your finger down. Somewhere on your screen you’ll see aa X Remove or Trash can icon. Drag and drop the widget to that Remove or Trash and it’ll be deleted from your home screen. Note: it won’t actually delete the widget, it’ll just remove it from the home screen. You can always add it back again.
- Now you can add and remove widgets from your Android home screen!
Due to the large number of Android phones and tablets, the screenshots used in this tutorial will probably not match your device exactly. With that said, they’ll be similar enough that you shouldn’t have any trouble following along.
If you’d like to add a little more flash to your Android home screen, try adding a Live Wallpaper.