This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to import presentations to Keynote for your iPad.
It’s actually quite easy – it’s just not as ‘obvious’ as Apple makes most things.
- Connect your iPad to your PC or Mac. In iTunes, select your iPad from the Devices list.
- Select the Apps tab from your iPad Settings window.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section. From the Apps list in the File Sharing section, select Keynote. In the Keynote Documents section you’ll now see a list of all the presentations that Keynote for the iPad currently has “saved”. Unless you’ve already created some Keynote presentations on your iPad, nothing will be listed.
To upload (import) a presentation to your iPad so you can edit it with Keynote, click the Add… button.
- Navigate presentation that you want to copy to your iPad to edit or view in Keynote for iPad. Note: you can only edit Keynote ’09 or Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with Keynote for iPad. Select that file and click Choose.
- Your presentation will now appear in the Keynote Documents section.
- Launch Keynote on your iPad and tap the Import icon (the little folder in the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Tap the presentation you just uploaded to your iPad.
- Keynote for the iPad will now import and process your uploaded presentation.
- Depending on the contents of the presentation and which app it was created with, you may get a warning about incompatible fonts or other features that will slightly alter the look of the presentation. If this happens, click the Done button (and remember to review your presentation to make sure the look hasn’t changed too dramatically).
- And now you can view and edit the presentation with Keynote for iPad.
- When you return to your complete list of presentations, it will be included.
- That’s it!