This brief tutorial will show you how to close (quit) any currently running Apps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
Since the introduction of multitasking to iOS, you can now run more than one program on your iDevice at the same time. That doesn’t mean you always want them open though – so this tutorial will show you how to close (or quit) any program running on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Start out by “double-clicking” the Home button on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The Home button is the one at the bottom of your iDevice, as illustrated in the image below.
- This will bring up the ‘list’ of currently running Apps – by way of an “App bar” at the bottom of your screen. Tap and hold down on any one of the currently running Apps (even if it’s not the one you want to close).
- You’ll notice that each App will start to “wiggle” and now has a small “minus sign” circle in the upper left corner. Tap the “minus sign” of the App you want to close/quit.
- That App will now close. NOTE: This will close the App, not delete it. For instructions on how to delete an App from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, see this tutorial.
- You can continue tapping the “minus signs” to close all open Apps, if needed.
- That’s it!