Broadband ISP Email Server Settings

Not sure of your email settings? This article includes the info you'll need if you're an AT&T Worldnet, Charter, Cox, Comcast, Earthlink, Insight Broadband, Qwest, Rogers, Shaw, Timer Warner/RoadRunner or Verizon DSL (and FIOS) / Verizon-Yahoo customer.

AT&T Worldnet:

POP (incoming mail server): ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net
SMTP (outgoing mail server: imailhost.worldnet.att.net
source: http://help.att.net/docs/use/email…

Charter Communications

POP (incoming mail): pop.charter.net
SMTP (outgoing mail): smtp.charter.net

Comcast:

POP (incoming mail): mail.comcast.net
SMTP (outgoing mail): smtp.comcast.net
source: http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Emailtop17481

Cox:

POP (incoming mail): see this page (you'll need to select your location)
SMTP (outgoing mail): see this page (you'll need to select your location)
source: http://support.cox.com/…

Earthlink:

POP (incoming mail): pop.earthlink.net
SMTP (outgoing mail): smtpauth.earthlink.net
source: http://kb.earthlink.net/case.asp?article=28968

Insight Broadband

POP3 (Incoming Mail) Server: mail.insightbb.com
SMTP (Outgoing Mail) Server: mail.insightbb.com
Source: http://www.insightcom.com/help-bb-7119.htm

Qwest

Both the POP and SMTP servers vary based on your physical location. See this chart (select your state and then scroll down to your city) for details.

Rogers:

POP (incoming mail): pop.broadband.rogers.com
SMTP (outgoing mail): smtp.broadband.rogers.com
source: http://www.rogershelp.com/yahoo/mail/settings.html

Shaw:

POP: (incoming mail) shawmail (note: if you're using a router or firewall, you may need to use the "fully qualified domain name" instead of just "shawmail" – select your location from this page to determine the full server name)
SMTP: shawmail (note: if you're using a router or firewall, you may need to use the "fully qualified domain name" instead of just "shawmail" – select your location from this page to determine the full server name)
source: http://support.shaw.ca/servernames.php

Time Warner/RoadRunner:

POP (incoming mail server): see this page (you'll need to select your location)
SMTP (outgoing mail server): see this page (you'll need to select your location)
source: http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

Verizon:

Verizon DSL and/or FIOS:
POP (incoming mail server): incoming.verizon.net
SMTP (outgoing mail server): outgoing.verizon.net
source: http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/site/…

Verizon/Yahoo!:
POP (incoming mail server): incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
SMTP (outgoing mail server): outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
source: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/pop/pop-36392.html

• Ryan September 11, 2007, 10:10 am

Can’t send email using my settings changed SMTP to smtp.broadband.rogers.com and still won’t let me send. Everyone else here can send. It says my password is wrong. How can I send email from my account??? I can still receive from it but can’t send out. I am now on a rogers server. Help???

• DJman May 3, 2008, 12:37 pm

Thank you SO much for listing all of these. I have looked up pop settings here many many times. It is so much faster than going to the help area at the ISP’s site and sifting through a bunch of crap to find what I’m looking for. Thanks again!

• Helga Otto June 23, 2008, 12:27 pm

Task ‘pop.broadband.rogers.com – Sending’ reported error (0x8004210B) : ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’

Please tell me what the problem is. I cannot send or receive e-mail. June 23, 2008.

• Debikin August 6, 2008, 2:10 pm

Finally a fast simple answer from someone!!!

• Гамлет October 4, 2008, 11:51 am

Спасибо, пост действительно толково написан и по делу, есть что почерпнуть.

• Tom Porter December 22, 2008, 1:00 pm

Can you add Charter Communications to your list.

Charter Communications

POP (incoming mail): pop.charter.net
    SMTP (outgoing mail): smtp.charter.net

• jjomar52 January 14, 2009, 6:40 pm

this site gave me the right answer when verizon/yahoo kept jerking me around with links to help sites that did nothing or gave the wrong information. i wish verizon would stop messing with the server’s names every year my e-mail stops working through outlook because the server no longer exists ive gone from incoming.verizon.net, to incoming.yahoo.net, to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net.. whats next???

• fredia February 22, 2009, 11:30 am

what is mind if i use wow?

• Selene Foster May 9, 2009, 7:39 am

I am trying to send e-mails through Windows Mail but I get an error every time saying wrong incoming and outgoing server names.Where do I find thes names.I have a HughesNet Satellite for my internet.Please help
    Thanks,Selene Foster

• Ruppesh September 3, 2009, 6:30 am

Hi,

How to you re configure ubuntu evolution mail.

Rupesh

• karen October 7, 2009, 6:22 am

Thanks this is alot easier then what I had to go through to set my other mail up before. It’s all right here to get to and don’t have to wade through a bunch of crap. Thanks alot!

• Virage November 26, 2009, 12:44 am

For the iPhone to correctly fetch and send emails on the Rogers network while NOT using Rogers email account, the email settings have to define the EMAIL SERVICE provider’s INCOMING email server and the WIRELESS SERVICE provider’s OUTGOING email server. This two way street is set up on purpose so that users cannot exploit EMAIL SERVICE provider’s servers for spam or solicitation.

The correct settings for iPhone 3GS on Rogers Wireless with Shaw email are as follows:

1. Create new mail account
    2. Select POP (not IMAP) type of an account
    3. Enter Name (user name of your email account ie. for user@shaw.ca would be user)
    4. Enter Address: this is your email address ie. user@shaw.ca
    5. Enter Description: whatever you want to display in your listing of Mail accounts
    6. Incoming Mail Server:
    – Host Name: pop.shaw.ca
    – User Name: user (or whatever following instructions in #3 above)
    – Password: the password you use to check email from your mail account with shaw.ca
    7. Outgoing Mail Server:
    – SMPT: smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com
    – This entry will set it as the Primary Server; click on this entry to complete rest of the details
    – User Name: blank – optional (do not attempt to enter your shaw.ca or Rogers account name here)
    – Password: blank – optional (do not enter anything here either)
    – Use SSL: set to OFF
    – Authentication: leave at default Password
    – Server Port: set to 25

Note: the Incoming Server Port is 110; outgoing is 25

These settings remain in effect EVEN when you are connected to your wireless network. There is no need to setup additional servers ie. the outgoing Shaw server as this likely won’t work. The iPhone defaults to wireless connection for all of its downloads etc. and uses Rogers SMTP server for outgoing email EVEN if you are connected to your network.

That simple!

• sarah December 20, 2009, 11:22 am

Hi

my outlook is getting email but not send emails coz of outgoing .. I used mail.domainame.com as incomming and outgoing mail server and I serach in internet I got to know there is ISP outgoing mail server fix this problem but how to get ISP mail server setting pls advice thanks

sarah

• Patricia Willbanks March 11, 2010, 10:07 am

I have at&t u-verse and I am trying to set up evolution on my computer but I can not find the information for the server. I have tried (mail.att.net) and it does not work. If some one could help it would be greatly appreciated. email back to mymeredith2005@aol.com. thank you

• shawn February 5, 2011, 3:04 am

IAM TRYING TO SET UP WINDOWS MAIL ??? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ANYBODY KNOW

The host ‘smtp.outgoing.yahoo.net’ could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject ‘Delivery Driver Wanted (Las Vegas Metro Area)’, Account: ‘incoming.yahoo.verizon.net’, Server: ‘smtp.outgoing.yahoo.net’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

• Al Goddard June 5, 2011, 4:44 pm

I can’t find the settings for Time Warner ports and server settings!

• Doogie September 26, 2014, 3:07 pm

Anyone know the incoming and outgoing settings for Bright House?

• Shar March 26, 2018, 11:21 am

Please list Hughesnet information.