This brief tutorial will guide you in adding RSS feeds to the Windows Vista Sidebar.
- Start by opening Internet Explorer. Visit the web site of the RSS feed you want to display in your Sidebar, and click on the orange RSS button
- Select Subscribe to this feed
- Give the feed a Name and if you’d like, create it in a new folder. When you’re ready, click Subscribe
- Back in the Sidebar, move your mouse cursor over the RSS gadget, and click the (very small) Tool icon in the upper right corner (see image below).
- The feed you just subscribed to in Internet Explorer will now be available in the list of feeds to display. Select it, and then click OK.
- And now the RSS gadget will display the feed.