This brief tutorial will show you how to automatically mount a Windows shared folder when OS X starts
- First and foremost, make sure that you have sharing enabled on your Windows computer. Then make sure you can manually mount that shared folder
- Select the Apple button from your menu bar and choose System Preferences . Then click Accounts. .
- Select your account from the left column, and then choose Login Items from the top menu. Then click the small + button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Windows volume you want to automatically mount when OS X starts, and then click Add
- And now you should see that volume added to the list of things that starts when OS X does. NOTE: you will of course have to be connected to the same network when your Mac boots in order for this to work.