If you’re a Facebook junkie (I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of an addict) who uses OS X, FMenu is an absolute must download. Fmenu is a small app that resides in your system menu. It provides notifications about various Facebook events (new wall posts, new inbox messages, status changes etc) via Growl. In addition, it lets you quickly access almost all of your Facebook pages. Keep reading for an overview with plenty of screenshots.
- Below is the FMenu drop-down list. As you can see, it allows you to quickly access all sorts of aspects of your Facebook account.
- You can customize FMenu by selecting it from your menu and then clicking the Preferences entry.
- Select the Notifications & Quicklaunch tab to set the update frequency and customize the Quicklaunch feature.
- The Quicklaunch box allows you to quickly (go figure) access your friends profiles, upcoming events and groups that you’re a member of (thanks lensovet!). Just begin typing a name and it will auto-complete, or use the drop-down button to scroll through everything.
- Open your Growl preferences and select FMenu to customize its Growl notifications. This is one of the greatest benefits of using FMenu – you can stop using email notifications that clog up your inbox.
- Some example Growl notifications –
If you’ve on Facebook, consider dropping by and/or joining the Simplehelp group. Though it’s currently full of my “real life” friends, absolutely anyone is welcome to join.