If you’ve tried to install recommended updates in Windows Vista, and receive error 800B0100, this tutorial offers the most common solution to that problem.
- The solution, in a nutshell, is to disable your firewall. If you’re using McAfee Personal Firewall Plus, F-Secure Internet Security, Norton Internet Security or another Firewall vendor, see its respective support page for assistance in disabling it (temporarily). If you’re using the built-in Vista Firewall, keep reading.
- Open the Control Panel and select Security.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Select Off (not recommended), click Apply and then OK.
- Back at the Windows Update screen, click the Try again button.
- The download(s) and installation should start…
- and this time successfully install. If a restart is required, make sure to re-enable your Firewall once your PC restarts.