Now that you’ve mastered installing fonts in Windows, here’s how you can quickly preview any and all of your fonts.
- First up, download and install Windows Fonts Explorer. The installation is a breeze – you’ll just click Next a bunch of times and that’s about it.
- Launch Windows Fonts Explorer from your Start menu (or Desktop icon if you chose to have one created).
- Select a font from the left-most column (the one w/ the big list of fonts) and type in the large box. Whatever you type, will be using the font you selected. You can also increase the size of the font by selecting from the “numbers” column (directly to the right of the font column). Place a check in the Bold, Italics, Underline or
Strikeoutbox(es) to view the font with that style applied.
- To view the text you entered into the large ‘text window’ using a different font, just select that font from the list. There’s no need to re-type the text – the new font is immediately applied to any text in the text box.
- When you install a new font you’ll need to close and re-start Windows Fonts Explorer in order for it to recognize the newly installed font.