This brief tutorial will guide you through the steps required to backup your PlayStation Portable (PSP) game data (saved games, characters etc) to your PC.
- The first step is to download and install Sony Media Go. It’s an old and discontinued app, but it still works. The installation is pretty straight forward, and Media Go will automatically download and install any additional software it requires in order to function. The installation can take a while, so you may want to have your PSP handy to play some games while it’s installing
- Once installed, connect your PSP to your PC using a USB cable. Make sure to put your PSP into USB Mode by selecting (on your PSP) Settings -> USB Connection and confirm that it says USB Mode
- Launch Sony Media Go on your PC if it isn’t already running. Ensure that your PSP shows up in the left navigation menu. Select Saved Data from the PSP section of that menu.
- Click and drag your mouse over all of the Game icons from the top panel to select them all, or hold down the ctrl button on your keyboard and select only the ones you want to back up.
- Now drag those Game icons to the Saved Data section of the Library. The transfer will be very quick, but if you have a lot of saved game data, it might take a bit longer.
- Now if you select Saved Data from the Library, you’ll see icons for each of the games you opted to backup. At any point in time, if your Memory Stick becomes corrupt, lost etc, you can drag the data from your Library back to the Memory Stick, and all of your saved games etc will be restored.
- That’s it!