Changing the styles and themes in Windows 7 is one of the most popular ways to customize Windows. However, if you share your PC with other folks and they frequently change your preferred theme, it can get pretty annoying. Here’s how you can stop them.
There are two methods to do this; we’ll explain both of them in this guide:
- Click the Windows Start button, select Run, enter gpedit.msc and click the OK button.
- A new window called the Local Group Policy Editor will open. In the left pane of the window, navigate to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel and finally Personalization.
- In the right pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, look for the option Prevent changing theme and double click it.
- In the properties window, click on the radio button titled Enabled (to select it). Then click OK. This will stop users from changing Windows your theme.
- Click the Start button and in the Run menu, enter regedit – then click OK.
- The Windows Registry Editor will open. Navigate to the following Registry entry:
In the right pane of the window, right-click and create a new DWORD value.
- Name the value NoThemesTab and set its value to 1 – then click the OK button.
- Close the Registry Editor and that’s it. From now on, no one will be allowed to change windows themes on your PC.