Converting files from one format to another can often be a hassle. Sometimes you need different software and a lot of the time it’s not free. To get rid of these problem, we came across some online tools to help you convert almost any file online. Whether it’s an audio file, video file, image file or document – one of these tools will help you convert it.
Zamzar is an excellent online multi-purpose converter which enables users to convert almost all the common file types. The service allows users to convert files up to 100MB and as many as five concurrent conversions. With Zamzar, you can convert documents, images, audio, video, e-books and much more.
How to Use Zamzar to Convert Files
- Open Zamzar. Click on Choose File and browse the file you want to convert.
- After selecting the file, choose the format in which you want to convert your file.
- Enter the email address to which you want the converted file to be sent and click Convert.
- Once you press Convert, it will show you a confirmation message about the file and the email address to which the converted file will be sent. Click OK.
- it will now start uploading the file and begin the conversion process. Take note that it might take 15-20 minutes for the file to convert.
With YouConvertit, user can convert Documents, Images, Audio, Video & Archives, without installing any software or anything. You can even convert videos from online sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion etc and send the converted files to friends. You can even share the converted videos on different social networking sites. You can save and convert files of up to 200MB.
How to Convert Files Using YouConvertit:
- Open YouConvertit and select the file you want to convert by clicking on Select It.
- Select the file format in which you want to convert your file.
- Write the email address to which you want to send the converted file and click Convert it.
- Once you click convert it, it will ask you to create an account to save the converted files. If you do not want to create an account, click Skip.
- Once the file is converted, it will show you a notification message that the converted file has been sent to the email address provided.
How to Convert Online Files Using YouConvertIt:
- Open You Convert it and click on Online Video.
- Paste the URL and click Download It.
- It will start the conversion process and will ask you to run an applet. Just click Run and it will give you the download link to the converted video.
3. Convert Files
Convert Files is an excellent online convert which enable users to convert archives, documents, spreadsheets, audio and video files of up to 150mb. You can even send the converted file to your friends or your own email address as a backup.
How to Convert Files using Convert Files:
- Open Convert Files and click on Choose File to select the file you want to convert. Or you can select any file hosted online as well. Just check “download it from” box and paste the URL there.
- Select the input and Output format.
- Click on Convert button. It will start uploading the file and will convert it.
- Once the file is converted, It will give you the download link. Just right click on the link and download the file.
4. Free File Converter
With Free File Converter, you can convert all the common document, audio, video and image file types. You can convert online videos from many sites including YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, blip.tv and many more. This is one of the best conversion site I came across as the Conversion process is really simple and straight forward, just follow the steps below and you will be done in no time.
How to Use Free File Converter:
- Upload the file you want to convert and select the output format.
- After selecting the file format, click Convert.
- Once the file is converted, it will give you the download link of the converted file.
Media Convert is an excellent online utility which help users convert documents, images, audio, video and compressed files. You can even send the converted file to a mobile device, convert videos from online video sharing websites such as YouTube etc and take screenshot of web pages as well using Media-Convert.
How to Use Media Convert:
- Select the File source (Online or you computer) and click on Choose File.
- it will automatically select the input file. You just have to select the format in which you want to convert the file by going to the output options.
- You can select advanced settings as well like renaming, encrypting the converted file, split the file or send it to friend or anyone online.
- Click OK and it will start the conversion process.
- Once the conversion is complete, it will give you a link to download the converted file.
Note: The service is slow compared to other services and it might take some time to convert some files.